Thank goodness for this recipe. I can’t tell you how hard it was to give up bread at first. One of the main reasons I love Keto is because there is an alternative for almost anything. I don’t feel deprived with this lifestyle and you shouldn’t either. This bread recipe has a nice taste to it considering its mostly held together by eggs! It has a savory seasoning taste with a mild hint of sweetness. I personally enjoy it with any garnish. I can consume it as a dessert with some homemade nut butter (that I will share later on) or with some avocado, preferably with a fried egg on top. Its such a versatile recipe and has quickly become one of my go to side dishes. If you’re a person on the go, baking a batch of this bread would be ideal. I recently meal prepped for my up coming trip. Its really hard to find a Keto treats in the airport. Therefore, I packed, in a container, 3 slices with avocado and bacon strips. Too perfect, too easy.
This bread is very light on the carbohydrates. If you choose to cut each slice to half an inch, when weighed at 40g, you would be consuming just 3g carbohydrates per slice. Serving size depends on how thick or thin you cut a slice. I provided the macros for half an inch slice. The process to making this Keto bread is simple. It is a different process then the one I used for Flaxseed Bread. In this recipe, you would have to stir into the mixture/dough small quantities of the fluffed egg whites. I would recommend using an electric hand mixer to fluff the egg whites. I did it by hand with a whisk and although I succeeded, I was very worn out after. If you choose to, you may use a blender or food processor to mix everything. As part of trial and error, I noticed I had over blended the mix when I used my Nutri Bullet. But I found the mixture to have more volume by me whisking it all together by hand using my baking spatula. Be cautious to not lose the volume the egg whites provided.
the best tasting keto bread recipe
- Almond Flour 1.5 Cups
- Baking Powder 3 Tsp
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp of Ghee
- Salt and seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Cream of tartar
- 4 drops of Stevia liquid sugar
Personal Preference for Ingredients and Macros provided
- Trader Joe’s Blanched Almond Flour
- Trader Joe’s Baking Powder
- Organic Valley Purified Ghee
- NOW Foods Stevia Glycerite Liquid Extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Gather Ingredients and supplies to proceed.
- Place two mixing bowls side by side to separate egg yolks from the egg whites. Once separated, beat egg whites till fluffy.
- Determine if you’d like to use a food processor or do so by hand. Combine dry ingredients with half of the beaten egg whites.
- Add the remaining egg whites to the mixture but make sure not to over blend.
- Pour batter into a baking loaf pan and place in the oven for 30 min. Once completely, puncture loaf with a toothpick or knife to see if the center inside is baked as well.
Macros with my ingredients:
|Total||40g / 0.5″ slice|
4 responses to “Keto Bread”
So yummy it is
I can’t do almonds, rice, wheat or cashews (allergies). Would any other flours work?
You don’t use the yolks?
Can this be made in bulk and frozen?