The classic Green Bean Casserole has a few ingredients to knock you off ketosis. As you may already know, even the friendliest Keto foods may do the same if you over consume in quantity. Green beans are 7g Carbohydrates per cup, a cup of cream of mushroom is usually around 8g and half a cup of French’s Fry Onion topping is 12g. When added up, that amount hinders your entire day of eating, assuming you are trying to remain under 20g carbohydrates. I was able to think of a savor substitute for the cream of mushroom and fried onion topping. I decided to try opting the fried onions for toasted spicy pecans.
The recipe I developed is simple with no cream for the sauce. I had made a spicy avocado oil mixture to stir into the green beans. If you’d prefer something that is more creamy, I would suggest adding some Coconut Cream mixed with the spices. If you’d like to have a more traditional palette, you may substitute it for heavy cream. That way you may build up flavors without having the coconut taste. As well with the cream cheese, you are able to use your preference. I prefer to not consume most dairy. You, then, have to input the macros for the amounts you used in addition to the macros I already provided for you for the green beans and pecans. You would just have to remove the avocado oil and replace it with your cream of choice. As well as for the cheese.
Pecan Green Bean Casserole
Lower carb green bean casserole for your Thanksgiving Dinner
- 1 lb Green Beans
- Yellow Onion 44g
- Half Pecans 60g
- Avocado Oil 1/4 Cup
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Zest 2 tbsp
Personal Preference for Ingredients and Macros provided
- Trader Joe’s Raw Half Pecans
- Trader Joe’s Avocado oil
- Go Veggie Vegan Ground Parmesan
- Chilli pepper flakes
- Garlic Powder (vs chopped to conserve carbohydrates for more food consumption)
- Set aside your ingredients, a mixing bowl, and oven tray. Preheat oven on 450F.
- Start with cleaning and cutting green beans to personal preference. Then, place in mixing bowl.
- Cut open bag of pecans and cup up into pieces. You may also use a food processor and give quick pulses to your preference. Make sure to not ground the pecans. Place in mixing bowl.
- Dice yellow onion and add to mixing bowl.
- Finish adding seasoning, avocado oil, and parmesan cheese. Mix well and spread evenly onto oven tray.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 and place tray inside for 25 minutes. Remove once timer goes off.
Macros with my ingredients:
|Total weight 552g||0.5 Cup / 74g||1 Cup / 143g|
One response to “Pecan Green Bean Casserole”
This blog about Pecan Green Bean Casserole helps me a lot in my diet.
You can have the best Custom Keto Diet plan here: https://s96.me/keto-diet Kiss you all!